The Chapter Accord Process
Rationale for Accord
In addition to reviewing the activities of all chapters and enabling AFP to assess the services we currently provide, the Accord process is vital to maintaining AFP's ability to offer all U.S. chapters 501(c)(3) status and provide Directors' and Officers' liability insurance and General liability insurance to all chapters. AFP Board of Directors will review all chapters not in Accord at the March, July and October board meetings. Chapters not In Accord by March will lose voting privileges; by July, the chapter's dues revenue will be suspended until the chapter is In Accord; by October, the Board may vote to revoke a chapter's charter.
Chapter leadership must be submitted by Dec. 15, 2023. All other Accord items must be completed by Jan. 16, 2024. These deadlines must be met to qualify for the Ten Star/Ten Star Gold Awards presented at ICON 2024 in Toronto, Canada.
AFP Policy for Annual Chapter Accord Compliance - View
While Accord is the president’s responsibility, involving other members of the board gives everyone an opportunity to familiarize themselves with Accord. We thank you and your chapter board for your continued service to AFP and to the profession. If you have any questions or require any assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Phase 1: 2024 Chapter Leadership Roster and AFP Document Review (due Dec. 15, 2023)
Chapter Leader Job Descriptions - English | French | Spanish
Chapter Leadership Roster Template - English | French | Spanish
- U.S. and International chapters submit their 2024 Chapter Leaders and review AFP documents via Phase 1 of the Chapter Accord Form.
- Warranty Statement - English | French | Spanish
- Conformance to Bylaw - English | French | Spanish
- Chapter Affiliation Agreement - English | French | Spanish
- Brand Protection - English | French | Spanish
Phase 2: Chapter Activity Report (due Jan. 16, 2024)
- Complete and submit the online 2023 Chapter Activity Report.
- Preview the 2023 Chapter Activity Report
Note – Access to this submission form will become available AFTER phase 1 is complete.
Phase 3: Submit Documents (due Jan. 16, 2024)
Chapters must upload and submit the following documents through the Accord process:
Note – Access to this submission form will become available AFTER phase 2 is complete.
- 2023 Chapter Program Schedule - a list of virtual or in-person chapter programs/events including date, program title, and speaker information
- Proof of active status of the Chapter’s corporation
Proof may be provided by downloading information from the state/provincial website if your state/province provides a Corporate Status section on its website;
submitting a Certificate of Good Standing from the state/province;
submitting a copy of the 2023 annual corporate report to the state/province, if your state/province requires such a report.
Only ONE of the three items is required for Accord. We will accept a screenshot or printout of the webpage on your Secretary of State’s website showing the chapter’s status.
- 2023 Financial Information (A chapter budget is no longer accepted for this requirement.)
Please use this template: Chapter Financial Report Template - English | Spanish | French or submit your Income and Expense Statement and Balance sheet
- Tax Returns
- U.S. Chapters Only
2023 IRS Form 990, 990-EZ or 990-N
- Canadian Chapters Only
2023 Form T2 or T2 Short, Corporation Income Tax Return or 2021 Form T-1044
- U.S. Chapters Only