The Chapter Accord Process
For review of the new 2020 Chapter Accord process in detail, please view the webinar recording here.
Rationale for Accord
In addition to reviewing the activities of all chapters and enabling AFP to assess the services we currently provide, the Accord process is vital to maintaining AFP's ability to offer all U.S. chapters 501(c)(3) status and provide Directors' and Officers' liability insurance and General liability insurance to all chapters. AFP Board of Directors will review all chapters not in Accord at the March, July and October board meetings. Chapters not In Accord by March will lose voting privileges; by July, the chapter's dues revenue will be suspended until the chapter is In Accord; by October, the Board may vote to revoke a chapter's charter.
Chapter leadership must be submitted by Dec. 16, 2019. All other Accord items must be completed by Jan. 15, 2020. These deadlines must be met to qualify for the Ten Star/Ten Star Gold Awards presented at ICON 2020 in Baltimore, Maryland. Chapters must hold Ten Star/Ten Star Gold Award status to qualify for Chapter Growth and Retention awards in the Chapter Incentives Program.
While Accord is the president’s responsibility, involving other members of the board gives everyone an opportunity to familiarize themselves with Accord. We thank you and your chapter board for your continued service to AFP and to the profession. If you have any questions or require any assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part 1: 2020 Chapter Leadership (due Dec. 16, 2019)
- U.S. and International chapters send in their 2020 Chapter Leaders via the Accord site.
- Canadian Chapters ensure 2019-2020 leadership is correct and update any changes.
Part 2: Document Review (due Jan. 15, 2020)
- U.S. and International chapters - Incoming 2020 Chapter President must read and electronically check the box by each of the following documents on the Part 2 Accord site. You can review the documents below – please DO NOT submit Word versions of these forms.
- Canadian Chapters – 2019-2020 Chapter President must read and electronically check the box by each of the following documents on the Part 2 Accord site.
Part 3: Chapter Activity Report (due Jan. 15, 2020)
- Complete and submit the online 2019 Chapter Activity Report. The online form will be available soon. You can view last year's Word version to prepare your answers, but please only submit the online survey.
Part 4: Submit Documents (due Jan. 15, 2020)
Chapters must upload and submit the following documents through the Accord platform:
- 2019 Chapter Program Schedule (including month, program, title, speaker)
- Proof of active status of the Chapter’s corporation
Proof may be provided by downloading information from the state/provincial website if your state/province provides a Corporate Status section on its website;
submitting a Certificate of Good Standing from the state/province;
submitting a copy of the 2019 annual corporate report to the state/province, if your state/province requires such a report.
Only ONE of the three items is required for Accord. We will accept a screenshot or print out of the webpage on your Secretary of State’s website showing the chapter’s status.
- 2019 Financial Information
A chapter budget is no longer accepted for this requirement.
Please use this template: Chapter Financial Report Template - English
- Tax Returns
- U.S. Chapters Only
2018 IRS Form 990, 990-EZ or 990-N
- Canadian Chapters Only
2018 Form T2 or T2 Short, Corporation Income Tax Return or 2018 Form T-1044
- U.S. Chapters Only