AFP Chapter Lobby Week 2023- October 2-6
Get ready for AFP’s third annual Chapter Lobby Week, October 2-6, 2023.
AFP Global is asking all U.S. chapters to visit at least one member of Congress and/or their staff during the week of October 2, 2023, virtually or in-person.
We encourage all chapters to have a government relations chair or other board member in place who can help lead this effort on the chapter level.
To help you prepare, AFP has created a Q&A overview document and a comprehensive chapter toolkit that covers everything from scheduling meetings to post-Lobby Week follow-up.
Have a meeting scheduled? Fill out this form to let us know, so we can follow up with you after Lobby Week to see how it went!
Tell us how your meeting went! Fill out this form to let us know the results of your Lobby Week meeting.
- Chapter Lobby Week Toolkit (Everything you need to schedule, hold and follow up on a successful meeting, step by step!)
- Promote Lobby Week on social media: Sample Graphics and Text
- Q&A Overview Document (Frequently asked questions)
- Hashtag – Use #afplobbyweek when you’re posting messages and pics from your meetings on social media during AFP Virtual Lobby Week
- Talking Points on the Charitable Act
- We’ll be holding “office hours” with AFP's lobbyist on September 18 and 22, where you can ask any and all questions about meetings and receive updates on key issues. If you need the office hours dial-in information, please reach out to David Sigman at David.Sigman@afpglobal.org.
- Slides for Chapter Lobby Week Meetings
- Sample Template Press Release, to highlight your chapter’s participation in Chapter Lobby Week
- AFP 2023 Fact Sheet
- AFP Code of Ethics
AFP Global staff is happy to set up a meeting one-on-one to discuss any issues and questions you may have regarding Virtual Lobby Week. Contact email@example.com anytime!
Thanks for your leadership to AFP and for your engagement with this important event!